Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Max ~ Honorary GROWLKID ~ 12/25/03 - 07/01/09


This blog post is in memory of a Honorary GROWLKID, Max. Max crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge 07/01/09. Max was a great little cocker spaniel that I met just a couple of months ago in New Jersey. His family was a little concerned that Max was starting to get a little temper and wasn't acting like himself. With a new baby coming along, and another little one in the house they really were having to think on the basis of the family, but yet really didn't want to give up on Max. They were referred to GROWL by our foster Stacy that knew them well and also knew that I have a strong weakness for cockers. We talked for awhile at Stacys and I spoke to them about cockers and the fact that Max had grown up as a puppy with them, and for all of these years and never had a issue and it really made no sense to me. We spoke about it being a medical issue with Max and maybe he was trying to tell us something was wrong but well, can't really say it and he just didnt feel good when he was having his "cockertude". For some strange reason when I was there with Max and talking to them it just seemed like the answer. A week or so after I got a message from Angie that it was a pulled muscle in Max's back and he was much better and things were going great! Of course this made me very happy as Max and his family loved each other and it was very apparent!!!

Recently I saw where Max had crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge and Angie has told me Max had a emergency on July 1st and a tumor on his spleen had ruptured and there was no more they could do for him. Angie and John were right with Max as he crossed over and now he is playing pain free and happy at the Rainbow Bridge!

I am very happy that Max was able to stay his final months with Angie and John and they were there for him until the end. I feel very honored to have met this awesome couple and Max, they never gave up on him and I admire that so very much!!

You are loved and missed Max....


No comments: